Sunday, May 29, 2016

My first foray into Animation

So about a month back, a friend of mine, Sharada, did an amazing oil painting. This was at a time when I was just starting out with Adobe Illustrator. The first thing that struck me when I saw the painting was the colors. It was bright and it was vibrant! I loved it.
Then, the techie in me started calculating if it would be possible to recreate it digitally, how would the colours be, where would the anchor points go and such stuff. I got back home and decided to actually give it a shot. My god! It was complex! It was only when I got into the details that I started seeing how the different sections were not just one colour but a seamless gradient of two or more colors. Wow!! I think I learnt to truly appreciate art that day :) Kudos to you Sharada.
Not someone to give up on a task, I put in the long hours and recreated it, but that was not all! New ideas had cropped up in my head and I plotted to make an animation of it actually being painted. So then began the long hours to break down the image into frames of it being painted, which finally ended last night!!
Now all that's left to do is to share it with you guys and await your valuable feedback :) So here it is folks:

No comments: