Monday, August 15, 2016

Armur Animates

August 15th has always been a special day for me personally. I think it started when I wore a lot of makeup and played the role of a Terrorist in an Independence Day skit at school. That was when I learnt to let go of my inhibitions and started moving out of my comfort zone. I guess that taught me the valuable lesson that all good things lie outside your comfort zone and it is up to you to go seek it. Since then, I have done all sorts of crazy things on August 15th, including walking the ramp in a Fashion Show :)
Last year, it was another crazy leap, when I bumped up my personal goals and ambitions in cycling, from that of an endurance rider to that of a racer. How did I do that? I went ahead and got myself a shiny racing road bike - the Fuji Roubaix 1.3 :D Crazy investment, but one that has paid off in ways that I had not even imagined.That brings us to this year and my announcement! Not something crazy and spontaneous, but something I've been working on for several months now. I'm launching "ARMUR ANIMATES" - my own animation studio, offering Character Animation, Motion Graphics, Animated Intros, and Whiteboard Animation services.
From wondering "How the hell did they make that cartoon?", after re-watching every single Tom and Jerry Cartoon, (I bought the DVD set as a gift for a kid to enjoy, ended up watching it all first before gifting it :)) to actually understanding the process and making the characters actually do stuff, I've completely enjoyed the experience so far. Launching this studio and offering my professional services to others is taking it to the next level - which is beyond my comfort zone. Hence, perfect for Independence Day :D
Here's the intro video I've put together for the launch of Armur Animates:



No comments: